Wednesday, November 18, 2015

WIP: Dragonfate Dais (Games Workshop) - Quick updates


Starting to get into the details and tedium of the kit now.
As you can see, I've changed the color of the dragon statues. The titanium gold color I used looks really good in the bottle, and looks good on the dragons, but even though its a brownish/greenish gold color, by comparison it looked silver next to all the browns. It was just too light. So I've decided to deepen the color and make it a bit warmer by basing them with Balthasar gold. I'm unsure where I'm going from here with it, but I'm happier with the overall look of it.

Also, last time, my airbrush compressor was getting a little warm from use doing the lava and runes, so I stopped before adding any darker colors. I only had a limited amount of time to work on the kit yesterday, so instead of setting the airbrush up (which means cleaning it after, which is the real time consuming part), I used black chalk pastels to add a cooling lava effect. You can immediately tell a difference once its applied on only a few of the bubbles:


And finally, I added it to all of the bubbles, and most of the raised spots, and it adds a lot of depth to the lava pieces:


I've started on the flames (or smoke or whatever) that goes on top of the columns, but that will be a post unto itself later. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment