Monday, February 6, 2017

Quick and Easy Blood Bowl Ball Display


For those looking to display everything for the Blood Bowl teams. Click for more!

I have all (current) releases for Blood Bowl's reboot at this point, and really didn't like the 24 different balls either rattling around in a box, or just laying on the display cabinet. So I made a quick display that you can pick up and move to the table with relative ease and that looks good while displayed.

For starters, I picked up a 5 pack of Games Workshop 70x25mm oval bases, which is enough to house all the current Blood Bowl releases. You can use whatever you want, but I liked the look of these.

From there, I just placed the balls in the relative place where they looked good, then drilled a pilot hole where they'd sit with a pin vise. I flipped the base over so you could see approximately where to put the holes in relation to the markings on the underside, making uniformity a lot easier:


From there, I just got the largest pin vise bit from GW's mini drill, and widened the holes:


However, that wasn't quiiiite large enough for the ball posts, so I got an awl and widened them just a hair. You can also use a drill bit if you have one laying around. 5/64 is too small, and 1/8 is far too large, so a 3/32 bit should be ok, though I don't have one to test because mine broke years ago and I never replaced it.


Finally, base it like the rest of your team, and you should be good to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment