Monday, November 10, 2014

General update

A bit of a holding pattern here.

Not much new to talk about. I've taken a bit of a break after some burnout from the Orktober diorama. I have been assembling some stuff, but trying to learn my new airbrush and new ways of priming, coupled with getting a new PS4, have pretty much sunk my time modeling down to nothing.

Of note, I did pick up the Dragon Models Starlord kit. I usually love the Dragon stuff, but this one is just so poorly done that my happiness in receiving it was immediately dashed when doing test fits. Peter Quill's overcoat is in two pieces horizontally, which basically will mean having to do the putty job of my life, but its also vinyl, which is notoriously difficult to sand and smooth with almost any type of gap filling compound. Usually their parts breakdown is exceptionally smart, but this leaves a lot to be desired.

I also tested out some Vallejo airbrush primer on what I had been assembling, the bigger style Ork gun from Games Workshop. Lots of interesting pieces, but I suffered initially from choice paralysis as to which of the four builds I was going to do. Initially, I had decided to use LEDs in it, which limited which of the four builds I could do, but turns out there isn't a compartment built for any batteries. This opened it back up to choice, but I finally decided on one, only to have serious trouble getting the primer to spray through my new single action airbrush.

I'm also in a holding pattern due to incoming new commission pieces, but they haven't arrived yet.

So, a lot of false starts as of late, but I'll get back to it. Keep checking back, as always, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment