Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A few more Imperial Assault minis


Just a quick collection of completed gaming minis I've done over the past week.

First above is Greedo, one of the best figures and characters in the game. Not in Star Wars, but the game. His sculpt and special power are so tongue in cheek, he has quickly become one of my favorites. Whenever he shoots, the character he shoots at gets a chance to fire first. His "almost" drawn blaster is spot on. Loved painting this one.


Next up are his counterparts, the Rodian mercs. They were a tad frustrating, as their sculpt doesn't even remotely match the character art on the card, so I was winging it to get it somewhat close, at least in color scheme.



I then painted Obi Wan Kenobi over the course of a long day, just because he was simple in scheme. Its crazy how "pastel" they look when photographed up close.



Finally, the coolest part of the Star Wars universe with the exception of Hoth, is Lando Calrissian! His contrasts came out a little more stark than I wanted, but again, all of these are just painted, quickly, for me to play the game with some decent looking characters, rather than the gray and beige plastic they come molded in. Because of this, I don't correct a lot of mistakes, I just want to finish and have them look decent on the tabletop, and only do quick washes and highlights with very little blending. I'm happy with the overall look of them for the most part, and more happy with the speed I can churn them out.

Thanks again for looking! I have mostly "hero" figures left, and a LARGE contingent of Stormtroopers once I figure out how to shade them without them looking too "grimy." Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment