Thursday, February 12, 2015

Model Showcase: Millennium Falcon (Fine Molds) 1:144 scale


The fastest hunk of junk on my shelf.











A fun little kit that was 90% complete before I started documenting my processes. This is one of my first fully airbrushed kits, in all actuality. No decals, all masks and paint. I outlined EVERY SINGLE PANEL LINE by hand. Once I did a test one, it looked to good to not do. Also, heartbreaking, taking a dremel to the kit to make scar marks.

It sat forever on my shelf in a "mostly completed" state. I had a custom mix color for the base coat, and then decided to get cute with my airbrush while I was still learning, and do some engine effects, and ended up with blue paint all over the top of the kit, as I wasn't quite yet in control of my paint/thinner ratios. So it sat there, with me not wanting to pick it up at all. Finally, I got tired of having something so close to done, so I tried to recreate the color after 2 years of it sitting around. I also had to scratch build my engine, which is serviceable, but not great, hence its not really pictured...but in all actuality, this was just practice for the 1:72 scale version....

Thanks, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment