Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New projects!


Getting ready to kick off some new projects after the season of Sigmar!

No real work, just a taste of what's to come. As I've been finishing up my Sigmar commission work (and there's still some more to come, even beyond the box set!), I've been curating my collection and getting ready to look forward on what's next!

First up, I finally got my hands on the bad boy pictured above! This is a vinyl bank of Thanos's Infinity Gauntlet, my favorite comic story growing up as a kid and the overarching focus (apparently) of Marvel's Cinematic Universe! Idea here will be a quick one...remove the gems, paint it up nice, and replace the gems for a nice display piece. It had been exorbitantly priced on Amazon for a very long time, so when it dropped back down I scooped one up.

Next are the vinyl "DIY" Stormtrooper helmets from the big merchandise push for Star Wars Episode VII! They come in two sizes, though I'm not sure as to the scale. They biggest isn't quite full sized, but probably a bit larger that 1:2 scale. The other is a good bit smaller, maybe closer to 1:3 scale. I got 3 of the larger size, and 2 of the smaller size. Not 100% sure as to what the final plans on all them are, but I know one large will be a standard helmet, and one small will be for the local roller derby team here in my hometown. The rest, who knows, I'm open to suggestions.


Next up, I came home yesterday to find this bad boy that I've wanted for years sneakily hidden under my doormat:


What was inside? Only Pegasus Hobbies MLEV-5, the Mars Hopper itself! This is a MONSTER kit! The box measures two feet long.


More to come on this as it develops, but I'm holding out hope somebody develops a lighting kit for this before I get started. Its going to be REALLY far down the pipeline though. As an aside, I discussed lighting this with one of my friends, and he made an excellent point about not getting too intricate with it...its large enough to just stick a lamp inside!

So that's it! That's what we've been up to down here. Hope all is well across the web to whoever is reading this, and we'll check back in soon...most likely with completed Sigmar box set pictures! Thanks for stopping by, drop us a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment