Wednesday, July 20, 2016

WIP: Glottkin - Painting the Base


Hey, how about some pictures of a thing?

For those keeping score, I'm not moved in to my new house, though we close on it in just over a week, so hopefully, after a few days unboxing, I can get back into the swing of things and get to painting! That being said, these aren't "new" pictures. I actually had them on my phone and realized I had not updated to this point on the blog! So I'm rectifying this, and it will help fill in the gap while there's a lull in my productivity.

So as you saw previously, I had put down a good bit of fiber paste, jewelry, and other assorted knick-knacks to make the base. I also painted it after it dried. I did the main base as just a few progressively lighter drab browns, the "pods" or stumps in a good fungus-y neutral color (possibly Rakarth Flesh?), and covered the "pond" in Nurgle Rot! I also put clear beads of different sizes to be bubbles in the pond, and covered those with a few coats of Nurgle Rot as well. That took the most time, and it came out just ok, but I'm sticking with it. So now the base looks very nice and nasty and alien:




No comments:

Post a Comment