Monday, August 22, 2016

More Imperial Assault!


Finally getting started on paint some stuff in the new house!

So I know I haven't finished up the Glottkin yet, but I couldn't help myself from laying paint to something once the workbench was initially set up. I don't have everything in place, but I found my paints, and I found my brushes, so I wanted to break the ice on something from start to finish really quick. I asked my lovely wife to just pick on item from the table, and she reached for the Bantha Rider Tusken Raider. Of course.

In all, this was a pretty basic build. The Tusken Raider himself was painted using the same techniques from earlier. The Bantha itself was primed black, then just layered up the fur with successively lighter browns. I then used a few different shades for the saddle area and bags. Nothing standout, just laying different colors to create some tonal variation and visual interest. As I told a friend earlier, the really nice thing about the Imperial Assault minis, for me, is the fact I don't feel pressure to make them perfect, as they're just for me and my game. So while I could spend days, even weeks, on a single mini to make it contest-worthy, I just want it to look decent at a glance on the table top. Two evenings got me the Bantha.




I also did the Inquisitor from Rebels during that span as well. While paint dried on the Bantha Rider, I just slapped some blacks and grays on him.


So that's that! Getting back into the swing of things, getting back used to updating this site. What do you all think....should I do more "in depth" commentary on how I paint the IA minis? They're so "one-off" at times that I just don't spend a lot of time documenting what I do, just painting them. I could dive deeper into each one, even film it, if there's interest. Just let me know if that's something you'd like to see, or if cursory glances while I paint them is better. Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment