Wednesday, August 31, 2016

WIP: Imperial Assault - Vader and AT-STs


A few more minis painted and ready to go!

I know, I know...where is the Glottkin? I'm still trying to get my workbench and lighting situation set up to document my progress, as well as cleaning and unpacking after the move. So I'm not quite 100% ready to go, but I am doing these Imperial Assault minis as a quick outlet of sorts when I have just a few minutes of downtime.

I had the AT-STs base coated and ready for detail work for a while now, actually, so I figured it was time to actually finish them. Though they're not 100% screen accurate, they look nice and menacing in the game. I picked some details out with black metal paint, washed the whole works with Nuln Oil, and wiped away the excess from the flat parts.


While I was at it, I painted the General Sorin mini, since he's hanging out of the AT-ST "boss" figure and has his own mini. Easy to assembly line it with two:


I also finished up the three Ugnauts. As I've mentioned before, doing these has been liberating in that they don't have to be contest quality. I can churn them out in an afternoon and not worry about making them perfect, especially figures that I don't care much about, like the Ugnauts.


Finally, I did Darth Vader in various blacks and dark grays. Not entirely unlike Batman. Gloss varnish on the helmet really makes him "shine" if you will. Unfortunately he didn't photograph too well with a quick snapshot, but once they're all done, I'll do studio shots of them all.


The bases aren't finished, as I am not entirely sure what I'm doing with them yet, and I want all the Empire bases and all the Rebel bases to be similar. Maybe just a solid color, as I'm afraid "basing" them in a specific style might make them look off when they go to different boards.

That's it for now! Hopefully I'll get them rocking soon. Not too many more "army" figures other than the heaping mass of Stormtroopers. Lots of individual hero character at this point. Stay tuned for more, and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment