Thursday, March 19, 2015

More Power Swords!



Even more sword glow-y goodness!

These were a set of swords commissioned for the same army I did the previous swords for. In order to separate his terminators, though, he wanted the swords to glow with green this time, fitting since I finished them on St. Patrick's Day!

I started with a big can of 56 power swords. Man, that looks like a lot of em.


The basic steps were the same as the previous power swords. I started off with a massive group of swords (56 in all this time), and sprayed the whole works with Tamiya White, 2:1 paint to thinner ratio for the most part, 20 psi, on a .3mm needle, basic stuff. I then moved on to light green, regular green, then a 1:1 mix of green and black for the darkest color, not minding too much about spraying the other side.


After letting that dry for a night, I spent an evening watching bad TV and masking them all off, the same way I outlined in the link above. The regular swords were easy, just a straight strip of Tamiya yellow tape, but the falchions and halberds of course took a little more fiddling, but coming off doing over 30 swords last time, I had muscle memory working in my favor, and soon had the works completed.


The next day I just repeat the process, going from light to dark in the opposite direction for the unmasked sides, and voila, instant power swords!



Since these are just commissioned for the blade part themselves, they don't get the pro-photo treatment, since they're difficult to photograph, but hey, there's a ton of them, and by the luck o' the Irish, they're done! Now on to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment