Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIP: Portal Turrets



Bah.

So it looks like the local hobby shop burning down had one more kick left for me. I had masked my "Thor" turret getting ready to put some red on it, when I discovered the shop burned down. So, I was originally just masking it, going to step out to get some paint, but was actually delayed about two weeks. I ordered some paint online, but by the time it got here, the damage had been done.



Turns out the tape apparently can't sit on the paint for over a week. It left some blemishes...you can obviously see the issue on the gray section, but oddly enough, there's no texture to it, which means it's not just tacky tape residue and can't just be wiped off. So, into the vat of paint stripper he goes. :/

It's just as well, but I'm ready to be done with the turrets at this point. As he soaks, it's on to another small project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment