Thursday, July 24, 2014

WIP: Sasquatch



One last WIP shot before completion!

Not a ton to add from the last post. He's at about 90% finished, just some subtle highlights and shades to add at this point, but this is pretty much what the finished product will look like.

Got the eyes finished, I'll get some close up shots when he's totally complete. Nails too. I also added a few washes to blend the colors and make them mesh better. Originally he was more of a pale brown, which I wasn't happy with since he was originally drawn almost entirely in orange. In trying to balance the comic and a more realistic look, I over compensated and got a little too realistic in my coloration, and so added some orange tints to my paints to bring him back a little closer to comic-dom, and am much happier with the coloring now.

I also drilled a hole into the base and the bust. I was a bit wary of doing so, because the bust itself is hollow, but the base is solid. So to strengthen the join between the base and the bust, I inserted brass rod to make it a bit more stable, and also easier to ship. No doubt such a small contact point would not withstand a delivery man's deft touch.

Anyways, just a few more tiny touch ups, then on to one more commission for the same customer. After that, I'll do pro-style shots of both. So up next....Mastermind!

Photo by original owner, not Defiant Workshop


No comments:

Post a Comment