Tuesday, July 8, 2014

WIP: My Rhino Can Laser



More WIP of MRCL, now painted up!


Not much new to report. I primed him in black and tried the Citadel spray primer, which dried amazingly fast and very smooth. It's expensive stuff, yes, but it's actually some of the best rattle can primer I've used. 

The primer gave me a glimpse of how the sculpted section blended, which was actually better than anticipated for such a soft plastic:



From there I just layered on many different grays, lots and lots (and lots) or drybrushing. I still have the hooves and horns to do, but the skin is pretty much done. Doesn't look much different from the original, but at least now the trademarks are blended in better. The IPMS in me had to cover that up. 




So, a few more dabs of paint, some laser eyes and a cape, and we're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment