Monday, June 30, 2014

WIP: Portal Turrets by NECA, next round


A little update as I wait on more paint to arrive.

So Hulk and Fury are now complete. I was waiting to take pro shots of them until I finish Captain America and Thor, but here you go in the meantime:


 
 
Fury was especially fun to do, since there's a lot of comedy in having the turret "eye" covered by Fury's trademark eyepatch. Hulk was also fun to do, I used red for the eye to give the impression of anger, and to further accentuate it, added a small bit of flair above it to look like a creased eyebrow. I normally wouldn't add anything too out of bounds of the very plain surfacing of the turret, but I felt adding the angry unibrow "emoticon" look helped the feel of it.
 
Up next are Captain America and Thor. Both of these were hampered IMMEDIATELY by my need for red paint, only to discover my local hobby shop had burned down (see a few posts back). So, these are in a holding pattern until such time as my new order comes in from Atlanta.  While we wait, here's a quick shot of what I have so far:
 

Thor is already masked up and ready for paint the instant it hits my doorstep, so expect that one to come along fast. I'm at a loss for exactly what I'm going to paint design-wise for Cap, so he's obviously on the back burner until inspiration strikes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment