Sunday, June 1, 2014

Model Showcase: Skeletons!

 

Finally, some minis!
So my son and I were walking around and found a Games Workshop very close to home that had recently opened. Being mildly acquainted with the premise behind Warhammer, I thought he'd enjoy seeing what all was in there. We walked in and had a look around, and eventually decided to dip our toe in the water as far as miniatures were concerned about bought a 5 pack of Skeletons. Neither of us had much intention on playing, but thought a $10 box of models would be a fun way to while away an afternoon together.

We also bought the bare minimum of paints to get by...some bone color, some texture paint for basing, and a brown wash. I used Tamiya metallics for the shields and some old Delta craft paint for the rest. It shows, definitely, but it was a fun way to begin a new hobby.  Maybe someday I'll paint them up to my standards, but as it stands, they serve as a fun reminder of discovering the hobby and spending time modeling with my son, so I don't expect I'll be messing with them any time soon.


So, here they are, my first minis ever painted, from a few years ago. You'll notice I only have four kits here, his was the other. Some day, I'll post his collection as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment