Sunday, June 1, 2014

Model Showcase: Nurgle Chaos Lord


The nastiest guy you'll meet that's NOT at your local comic book store.

A while back, Games Workshop came out with a large addition to their technical paints line with lots of cool potential. I figured I'd give em a shot, and picked up the whole batch of them. The problem was, what should I test them all on? I peeked around and found the Nurgle Chaos Lord that had the potential to utilize most of the new paints, so it seemed like a good fit.

So, while this is technically a model showcase, its also a bit of a paint review as well. Maybe I'll go more in depth with pictures on a for real review.

The kit went together amazingly...zero putty work required through brilliant piece divisions. One of the best single figures I've had the pleasure of building.

So, onto the paint types!

I base coated the whole guy in Bugman's Glow and then did a heavy drybrush with a fleshtone mixed with a bit of pale green to give it a sickly look. Then, it was time to get on the nastiness of him.

I added tiny pustules all over with a white/yellow mix, and in some of the open wounds, added heaping helpings of Nurgle Rot, some of it oozing out as well.

I then used Typhus Corrosion on his shoulder pad and axe, then drybrushed some light Ryza Rust on the edges as well.

From there, I used just a bit of Blood For the Blood God on the axe, intestines, and blood pool on the base. I drybrushed it on in sparse amounts on the axe, then added a few small globs in places where it made some interesting effects as well, coagulating in big dark pools.

This kit won first place in the "Small Figure" category in a Games Workshop contest as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment