Sunday, June 1, 2014

Model Showcase: Ghost Rider (SD Garage Kit)


The Penance Stare has never looked so cute!

Another Cellar Cast garage kit, the final one of their Super Deform line (previous ones have been Venom and the Punisher).  I realized posting all of the backlog I had, that somehow, over the years, I had never taken photos of this kit. Huh.  Rectified that today.

Originally, this kit had actual eyeballs. It added to the "cuteness" factor of it, but in all honesty, it wasn't in character in the least. I eventually took my Dremel to them, and hollowed them out and used pastel dust in the space.

This was the first kit I ever used an airbrush on as well.  I had finished the main kit and had yet to touch the base, when I received my first airbrush, a Harder and Steenbeck, for my birthday. I decided to use its maiden voyage on the base. The colors aren't as drastic as I would have done now, but I was totally paranoid about doing gradients at the time, so there's more of a subtle shift from deep red-orange to a darker yellow on the fringes.




No comments:

Post a Comment