Saturday, June 28, 2014

My hobby time is up in smoke

Literally.

Went to go get some paint for my airbrush the other day only to discover the place I frequent for most of my supplies literally burned to the ground. So, my hobby time has come to a screeching halt as I search for a reliable shop to buy from.

In the meantime, I've had to mentally change a few things while I wait on all of this to sink in. I was at the paint stage on a few things but now don't have the paints or the ability to get them as I need them. I'm going to have to be strategic now as far as ordering online I suppose. But that doesn't mean what I do stops...it just means I have to change what I'm working on until a solution presents itself.

Now, me aside, I think it's pertinent to focus on the local business that just went away. Any local business like this, whether it directly affects you or not, when it literally burns to the ground, you gotta feel terrible. This was somebody's livelihood, and he's going to have to find a way to start over. It's an inconvenience for me; it's a total life changing event for them.

On top of that, the owner was a model builder. Despite the fact that the establishment ( like most model shops these days) focused primarily on RC vehicles, he had a HUGE amount of old vintage car kits, both completed and in the box behind the counter. Growing and building that collection took a serious amount of time and work, and his completed kits were great looking. And all of that is gone now.

So let that sink in for a bit. We can gripe and complain about the minor inconveniences of life, or we can remember that people that are really affected on a dramatic scale by them and put some perspective to it.

All that aside, I WILL be updating the blog again, I just have to clear my space and restart some stuff. Com in' atcha soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment