Sunday, June 1, 2014

Model Showcase: Chaos Space Marines Biker


Out for a Sunday drive.

So after finishing my skeletons, I decided that it was really fun painting miniatures. I decided to give it another whirl with another cheap-ish kit, the Chaos Space Marine Biker.

I knew nothing of the lore at the time, I just wanted something I could paint that was inexpensive and could be done fairly quickly. Time on it was longer than I originally expected, and I had yet to start using "Games Workshop-style" methods of painting...I was still using techniques from resin and vinyl kits, and didn't have a huge library of paints to choose from in the GW line, so the palette on this one is quite limited. I debated even posting it, as its pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as my abilities go, but it is part of my history getting into miniatures, so I decided to go ahead and post it.

Color scheme was meant to be a "futuristic Harley" rider type vibe. Its OK as far as that goes, but I know I could do better with it today. I keep it painted like this to remind me how far I've come and what needs to be done to make a good kit. I originally painted lane divider lines on the base, but decided where this guy is riding, he doesn't need lanes, so I repainted the base as plain ol' asphalt.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment