Wednesday, June 1, 2016

WIP: More Glottkin!


Grossing up the Glottkin!

So my airbrushing video seems to overlap with my photographic progress, so for those that have watched the airbrushing video for this on YouTube, the above photo doesn't seem all that new. I airbrushed the horns, starting with base coating them in Ushabti Bone, then airbrushing varying darker shades of Tamiya browns up to the final tip, which was a brown/black mix.

So, that ends the airbrushing. Time for detail work. And hoo boy, there is a lot of gross detail on this kit. Normally I'd show a lot of progress pictures, but to be completely honest, I started trying to do the pustules all over his body, and have found myself mired in them. There are literally hundreds! While they add some needed color, I'm not sure how many more I can do before going cross eyed.

I started by basing them in Ungor Flesh:


Then doing a Bloodletter glaze around the rims to show irritation. Finally, another blending layer of Ungor Flesh, and a final tip of Screaming Skull:


When my wife saw the test batch, she immediately said "Gross!" so I knew I had a winner. At this point, I THINK I have all of them based, and am starting to go around and do the glaze work next, as you can see here. Its mind numbing at this point, but hoping to get through this and work on a few more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment