Friday, May 20, 2016

WIP: Glottkin (Games Workshop)


Taking a quick break from the X-Wings.
So the X-Wings started to become not so fun, and more of a chore. When I'm not inspired to do a kit, I don't do my best, and they're not for a client, so they can wait until I feel the pull again. So its time to head in a totally different direction...from the mechanical straight lines of a spacecraft to the organic nastiness of the Glottkin!

Not a lot under the sun here. This pieces is pretty big, and honestly, can't really be done in sub-assemblies. For the most part, the seams on this are NOT well hidden, meaning I can't paint parts and then build...I need to build pretty much all of it, putty the seams, and then paint. And boy, what seams there are:


I'm waiting on the glue to dry, but I have a feeling this is going to require actual putty work, which is rare for a GW kit. Good news is, I'm not necessarily relying on each piece as a foundation for the next. I can build the legs, and while the glue dries, move on to the arms, etc.

Speaking of the arms, one thing to look out for is the arm tentacle mouth thing (that's a technical term). Its open at the back, which means you'll see the interior plastic of the arm its attached to. I wouldn't leave it blank. You CAN prime/paint the interior black, or if you want to texture it a bit, do what I did and just lump some putty behind the teeth in the open gap, giving me something to paint instead of an open gap:


Thanks for looking! As the glue dries on this, I'll be sanding smooth and getting ready to fully assemble and prime!

No comments:

Post a Comment