Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A busy few weeks ahead - WIPs

In what's winding down as undoubtedly the busiest two weeks of my life, I'm finally getting to breathe a bit.

I have a few commissions in various states either on the bench or in the closet, coupled with "real life" work stuff, and attempting to occasionally squeeeeze in a few spritzes from my airbrush while I wait on things to dry on some personal to-do model kits as well!

While most of what I have brewing is in various states of prep work, I can show this guy:


This is a rough draft of a base for a local game shop trophy for a Warhammer tournament they're doing. There's going to be a figure atop it as well, and a little more detail to the base eventually, but its all going to be done in bronzes/silvers/golds to give it that "trophy" vibe as opposed to just painted like a regular kit. I also get to blaze through it a bit, as it doesn't need the intricate detail work a showpiece type kit would.

After that wraps up, I'll be knee deep in some more resin busts...so up next will be Ch'od from the Starjammers and Warpath from the X-Men. Love me some Marvel busts. Both are really fun looking sculpts from what I've seen and should paint up nicely. More to come on those once I wrap on this.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment