Monday, August 18, 2014

WIP: Eldar Crimson Hunter (Games Workshop)



Some quick WIP shots of my next personal kit while I wait on my commission paints to dry!

I have no contest or anything to aim this one for, but I've enjoyed the lines of the form factor this ship presents. Very smooth and sleek. I stared at the box for this for a few days before finally settling on a paint scheme to convey the feel I was going for, and as soon as I made up my mind, I bought it.

I've wanted to get started on this for a while, but have had a handful of commissions recently, but as the stream has died down a bit, I can bounce between them and this. While the putty and primer on my current commission are drying, I'm moving over to a personal project, and maybe might actually finish one!

The first catch is to detail the entire cockpit entire before any other assembly, due to how it goes together and the way I wanted to paint it. Its also one of my first attempts at OSL (object source lighting). I wanted to give the sense of the green radar screen giving off a glow, but retain the colors of the Eldar pilot. I'm moderately happy with it, though I might have oversprayed it a hair more. I tried to hit only the high points that would catch the lighting, as a lot of OSL kits I've seen over-do it and everything in the general area catches the light, instead of the parts that are "pointed" at the light, if that makes sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment