Saturday, August 9, 2014

Model Showcase: X-Wing (Fine Molds)

 A forgotten gem! My 1/72 scale Fine Molds X-Wing.

I was looking through my shelves the other day and discovered this guy that I painted up a long time ago, and had totally forgotten about! Never captured a WIP shot, never took pictures of it, just painted and sat it up there apparently!

I was one of my first styrene kits in my "modern" modeling age. I had done a lot of model cars and sci-fi stuff as a kid, but got this to reintroduce plastic into my repertoire. I painted this up with no decals at all. I did all the markings by masking off areas and airbrushing. The reasons were twofold: first, I didn't like having to line up the decals, and second, because I like the look of it over complex areas better when its painted.  A lot of the burn marks and streaks were done with pastels instead of airbrush, because I wasn't as efficient at airbrushing back then. The effect came out so-so, but I still like the overall look of the piece.






No comments:

Post a Comment