Thursday, October 2, 2014

WIP: Orktober 31st (Update - Landscaping a bit more)


Spent the night doing household chores, and a little fence work.
Real life does sometimes get in the way, as is the case of the domesticated modeler such as myself. I find as deadlines loom, I have more and more to do around the house. Ever noticed that? Surely there's some name for this phenomenon?

Anyways, I spent the free time I had manually busting up some craft sticks into various lengths to make a fence. This is a good chore to get done while watching something, as its pretty brainless. I broke up way more than needed, but at the time didn't quite know how much fence I'd put down.

On the plus side, the spackle and foam combo is moderately easy to puncture, so I was able to just press the sticks down into the board and have them pretty much self-adhere in the space. I plan on putting some PVA glue on to strengthen the bond, but its passable now. I pushed a slew of sticks in at random intervals, angles, etc, and then glued some random cross braces as well. I then "stained" then with Agrax Earthshade to give them a more realistic appearance.


I also sculpted up a busted pumpkin, which is pretty much just a hollow blob of Aves Apoxie that I let dry, then added more in various textures and painted different colors to give a smashed pumpkin look:


Off for the day today. My brain is a bit numb from working on this for so long, but I hope to get some more done today in between just taking a bit of time off. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment