Thursday, October 2, 2014

WIP: Orktober 31st (Update - Light at the end)


Getting to the point where I start picking nits!

Despite having a few more things to paint, I'm getting to the point where I am embellishing more than I am creating, which is a good place to be at with only 3 weeks to go.

Started the day messing with this little guy. He's supposed to be looting something or other, but he has a pair of pliers, which could also pass for bolt cutters. I drilled a hole (CAREFULLY) through the bolt cutters and out the other side, then strung the squig/dog's leash through it like so:


Then it was fairly easy to pin them both to the table. I created a post to tie the chain around using leftover craft sticks, and super glued the whole works to stiffen the chain up. The dog is pointed at the tyranid to add a bit of congruency to the piece:


I also heat shaped a thin rod to use as a water hose, heat shaping is starting to become second nature at this point:


And finally, added some shrubbery to the fence to break up the harsh transition.


As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment