Monday, October 6, 2014

WIP: Orktober 31st (Updatepalooza)


Lots of the things.

So I started working on my Starjammer commission bust, but my airbrush is acting up. Never ending fun around here, so its back to the diorama.

This late in the game, there are lots of smaller improvements, and rarely anything game changing. Most of what you see is what the final product is going to be. I'm at about 95% done at this point, and the light at the end of the tunnel is blinding.

You saw above, I've finished up some more regular trick or treaters, these guys just comparing their hauls. Also of note, my first painted Tau. Weird. I knocked the vulture off the sign post taking this picture.

 
Next up is the toilet paper roller! Also, a Chaos Marine is at the ready to hose the TP down. Created the hose with just rod styrene heat shaped, and a scratch built faucet tacked on to the house. Finally pinned to the board:
 



 
 
 
I added to the base of the tyranid, to try to make the transition a little more seamless. I noticed the pile of dirt he was coming out of seemed just...tacked on, so I put a bit more dirt around it to make it more one with the board.
 

Also added some Secret Weapon fall leaves. I originally chopped up some real leaves, but just didn't give the effect I wanted. Good news is, the orks are having a great time with them regardless.



 
At this stage, I'm mostly done. Here's a quick overview. I have a few more touch ups to do, I have one other possible vignette I want to try if I have the time. So, next up will be some pro style shots...though I have not a clue how to photograph something this large.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment