Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New things on the bench!


OK, holidays over, time to paint!

The second half of December is usually standby time for me. Lots of family, travel, and birthdays at the end, so I typically spend my time collecting kits, and rarely painting. But, all that's over, and I'm trying to make up some time, so here we go!

First off, a quick hit vinyl figure I painted up. I have a gaming group I meet with monthly, and decided in jest to make a trophy, a la TableTop with Wil Wheaton, to "give out" (and like the show, immediately take back) at the end. In reality, I saw a Munchkin figure for sale and thought it'd be fun to use some Alclad on it. So, I basically just got the figure, primed it up, and got a cheapo wood base that was primed and sprayed with Krylon "charcoal" paint, as you can see above.


I also painted up some custom Funko Pop figures for the family as well. Way outside my usual M.O., but kinda fun to do as well. Not a lot involved here, just some Aves hair, and very bold paint, no shading or highlights. I had about a week to do them, and more for fun than anything else.


 
And finally, my post-Christmas haul that we might see some of before the decade is out, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment