Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WIP: Mice and Mystics (Tabletop game)


Maybe I bought the game to paint the minis....

So a while back I got Mice and Mystics, an "RPG-lite" game that is very story-driven, the idea being that I could play it with my kids and introduce them to a wider world of fun games. We love tabletop games. So when I saw Mice and Mystics, I figured it would be nice to differentiate the tan, unpainted characters:

This is not my picture, used for reference from Plaid Hat Games' website
into something a little easier to recognize. I started one test figure, Colin, just to see how they'd paint up:


I was pleased with the result, so I started a little more of an assembly line. I primed up most of them in black, except Tilda, who has white fur in a white robe, so she got special attention with a white primer. I did some test work on the centipede and Nez, as you can tell:


I started in earnest assembly lining the rat warriors. I also finished up most of the heroes and the spider as well, but didn't get good shots of them yet. Here are the rats mid-session:


And totally unrelated, I also decided to segment the box. So many markers and tokens just loose in there, so I spent an afternoon with some foam core board, and here's the result:


No comments:

Post a Comment