Friday, January 23, 2015

WIP: Grey Knight Power Weapons (Part 2)


After masking, here is the end result on the straight swords.

Basically, the same process as described here in my previous tutorial, just reversed. I masked off the painted parts of the swords, then started with white at the bottom, then the blue progression, down to a black/blue color at the tip. Pull the mask off, and voila.



You won't see the halberds and other non-flat weaponry yet. I'm waiting on my liquid mask to dry on those. For those curious about liquid mask, you can view a ton of "how tos" in different places, but I highly recommend Vallejo's liquid mask. I started off trying Microscale's version which I bought from my local hobby shop before they went out of business, and was not impressed. It doesn't come off easily (read, not at all), it just kind of "glazes" the pieces and hardens on it. So I got Vallejo's mask, and while I expressed disdain for their paints earlier, their masking fluid is great. Comes off with just a stiff brush or even pencil eraser from my test pieces, so once I've got it fully applied, I'll show off the curved weaponry as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment