Thursday, April 16, 2015

WIP: Star Wars Imperial Assault Figures (AT-ST)


Sprucing up my game.


Trying to fix up the figures on Imperial Assault. Nothing makes a board game more enjoyable than painting up its minis, and these are so well done that they're begging to be painted.

I started with the AT-STs first. There's one that comes in the core set, and an "expansion" one of more of a "boss" style character, General Weiss. AT-STs in general are easy enough paint jobs. They're one color with some weathering. I wanted to set Weiss's more interesting unit apart with some markings. I decided on adding what amounts to racing stripes, even though its not really on the character art. I just masked off the area and sprayed some Tamiya black:


After that, I thought some other markings might make the unit more intimidating on the table top, so I added some decals from my Tau sheet:



And that's about it! I need to weather it up and clear coat it, then on to the characters themselves. Check out all painted SWIA minis here!

No comments:

Post a Comment