Monday, April 20, 2015

WIP: Tau Devilfish - Custom weaponry


A little extra on my plate.

So I was not happy whatsoever with the built in weaponry of the Devilfish. The gun in the middle that comes with the kit is a gatling-style, four-barreled weapon with serious seam lines, and due to its construction, makes it tough to clean and look nice. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I sliced off the barrels at the base and sanded it down, then got a few parts from my bits bin and got to work mixing and matching, seeing what worked together. I ended up with the barrel from what I believe is the Ork Bommer, housed in an old AMT/ERTL X-Wing thruster, with a gas cap on the end of the barrel to make it a little more visually interesting:


After that, I primed the individual pieces in white (engines aren't in the picture):


The original idea for the paint scheme was the new sci-fi standard "sterile" white with some orange accents. Unfortunately, I decided after priming to invert the scheme a bit and go a little darker and more sinister in the color scheme, so I should have primed in black, but it is what it is! So now I'm off to clean my airbrush thoroughly to get ready to finish this and my Eldar Crimson Hunter. Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment