Thursday, April 16, 2015

WIP: Tau Devilfish (Landing Gear)


Filling out the landing gear.

I plan on displaying this kit as "in flight" so I didn't want the landing gear down. However, landing gear down is the only option given with the parts on this kit, and the bottom skids don't fit into the area supplied, so physically, this can't actually work in a real life scenario, and means I have to fashion my own landing gear covers:

So, I set to work. I first measured out how big the landing gear housing was, then traced it out on a sheet of styrene, and did small superficial cuts with an Xacto and straight edge:


After that, you can just snap the pieces off, then glue them on! I didn't worry about any detail, asthe kit will be displayed as more "hovering" than "airborne" so you won't see much of the detail on the underside, but three gaping housing units would detract the eye from any position.


With that, I press on! My new enamel thinner has arrived in the mail, so I'm double timing on kits, and with the Imperial Assault minis, I'm loaded for the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment