Monday, January 11, 2016

WIP: Star Wars Imperial Assault Minis


A few more WIP minis from Imperial Assault. Man, lots of minis. Click for more!

Above you see one of the two Wookiee Warriors that my wife got me for Christmas. Straightforward to paint: prime black, base coat in brown, dark brown wash, and dry brushed back up. I used a muddy brown color for the bits of skin that show through.

I also finished up the three Imperial Officers. I've had them half done on my bench for weeks, just never felt the push to pick them up and get finished. Dark gray washed in black and brought back up and edge highlighted. Fairley simple, low detail piece.


Next is Diala Passil, the Jedi from the core set. She has a lot going on that is referenced on her character sheet, but her sculpt doesn't keep up. Lots of implied and soft detail. I tried to make it work well, but man, this piece was the most apparent yet that I'm dealing with a mass production single piece mini, rather than the intricate detail I'm used to with Games Workshop's minis. She came out serviceable enough, but I'm less than impressed with how it turned out. My daughter is thrilled because she wants to play as her, so I'm happy.


I also started on the Rebel Troops, but didn't finish. Just some detail work to do at this point really, so its fairly close to being finished, probably one more night's worth of work to finish the three in the group.


And that's it for now! Getting close to finishing out the minis minus the Storm Troopers. Those will all come in one giant batch at the end I think. Thanks for looking, and check out the entire SWIA Painting log!

No comments:

Post a Comment