Monday, February 1, 2016

WIP: Eversor Assassin (Games Workshop


For those who aren't following the Youtube video, here's the old fashioned version!

Basically the first part of this is just building the guy. I picked this out because its such a departure from Games Workshop's normal stuff. Usually you have a cool sculpt that's well crafted, sometimes its even fairly dynamic, but with the stuff from this game series, they have put in some really cool base work as well. This one stood out to me in particular, notably because visually it reminds me of a story I had in my head based around a song by a band called Mortal. No clue what the song is really about, but it got cool visuals in my head, and I always envisioned a bad guy who looked modified and spidery and climbed all over walls and ceilings. Anyways, I thought he looked cool, so I'm painting him.

These static sculpts go together really easily, they're engineered to hide seams quite well, so putting it together wasn't a big pain. Just follow the instructions. However, I thought the wall section on the base ended rather abruptly. I decided to modify it a bit to make the whole base feel unified. I cut out a disk of treadplate styrene, and glue it one, then took rods of styrene and gashed and gouged them to look like rubble. The end result feels much more cohesive:



And here's the last part of it, primed:


Next up will be paint! I will stick with the darker black tones for the main suit, but might go with more of a sea green accent than GW's reds they use on the box art. For now, its on hold while I finish Killer McBash, however! Thanks for looking, check back soon for paint ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment