Monday, July 27, 2015

On the Bench: Polar Lights Officer Kane (Alien)

Box image used from Round2/Polar Lights
Look what the mail man brought me!

Alas, by the time I finish War Machine, chances are the commissions I'll be doing will have arrived, and I'll need to get started on those, but that didn't stop me from taking 15 minutes to unbox this bad boy that I've waited on for a long while!

I've been on a bit of an "Alien" kick as of late, so I finally sold off a bunch of models that I knew I'd never complete and used the money to get this big resin bad boy. Its been AGES since I've done a large resin kit, and almost all of them have been garage kits, so this was a real treat.

First off, this box is huge. I spent just north of $100 on this, and if it were a garage kit, I'd probably be looking at $200-250 easily, and probably not nearly as cleanly cast. Once I opened it, I was extremely pleased to see the custom foam packaging inside. The first layer had the instructions and a thin cover of foam:


Then the custom cut pieces where the majority of the kit was:


And under that, the base:


The lower tray of the box even has a paint guide and a full color illustration of the suit. And of course, I couldn't resist test fitting it really quick before he gets shelved for a bit:


Should be a very enjoyable build, the parts so far fit pretty cleanly, so here's hoping I can get to it fairly soon. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment