Wednesday, July 29, 2015

WIP: War Machine (Paint and Assembly)


Impatience gets the better of me, and I started getting masking and paintwork done.

So with the arrival of new commission work in the mail, its time to get cracking on the War Machine. While I have a good amount of housework to do, this has been on the bench too long and its time to get going. Impatience is a great motivator.

So I spent most of the evening with yellow Tamiya tape and bad streaming movies. I got a new Xacto blade and got to masking, which took far longer than I wanted. Doesn't help that there aren't a ton of reference photos of the more "hidden" parts, like the undersides of the arms and in the shoulder joints. Dragon's reference photos only show the built kit's front and back. So after a lot of fiddling, the kit was totally masked and ready for paint at 11pm.

I spray Alclad Gun Metal over the kit, using three passes of paint to get good even coverage.


Then I started assembling. Fortunately Alclad doesn't take too long to dry. I built the legs up first, then went to bed.


Finally, finished assembling the appendages this morning before work:


Just about there! I frosted the lens pieces on the way out of the door and left them to dry, so I can get the helmet ready. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment