Thursday, July 30, 2015

WIP: War Machine - Almost done!


Completely assembled, getting the final details right, then picture time!

When I got home yesterday, the paint was dry, the glue was set, so it was time to put the final assembly touches on. Not much changed, I added the helmet, eye lenses, and chest lens. To get the translucent effect on the lenses (I didn't light this kit, it was just a practice piece more than a showcase piece), I sprayed the window-clear styrene with Rustoleum's Frosted Glass aerosol, which gave it that "not quite white" effect I wanted.

After the assembly was complete, it was time to add the decals. The decals were quite well printed, if not really small and tedious. They're also quite bright, so I am waiting to do weathering til the very end so I can tone them down a touch. That being said, they do break up the monotony quite well, I thought.


After that, I added some washes into the white metal panel lines to accentuate them. Black wash in the Gun Metal finish doesn't do much but dull it considerably, so its not really worth the effort.


Ad with that, he's starting to look MUCH better! If you look closely in the two pictures above, you can see his left leg thigh pad off. I haven't placed it on yet so I can test how different paints look and react for weathering purposes, since the exposed area has the two Alclad colors I used available to test on without risking messing up the kit. Once everything is weathered and touched up, that piece will go on.

Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment