Monday, July 6, 2015

WIP: Storm Talon - Decals


Adding decals to really make this stand out.

I fortunately had quite a few "warning" and other text and detail decals left over from my SAFS Snowman kit I finished a while back. I applied a few of those on the Stormtalon, eschewing the kit decals, which are dreadful and gigantic. I thought the smaller caution text decals were a better fit for what I wanted to accomplish.

Some of them, however, are a little too shiny and new. This is easily remedied.



After applying the decal, lightly, lightly dab it with a cotton swab, and press the water out of it. Let it sit for a few hours and dry up. Then I take an Xacto blade and make random scrapes and cuts across it. Then, add a little bit of weathering powder, or even chalk pastel, to the top to give it that grimy, worn look:


The difference is well worth the small amount of time to get it right. From there, its time to seal it, and call this guy complete! Full pictures to come soon, thanks for visiting!




No comments:

Post a Comment