Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Video Showcase: Orktober 31st



Finally, a showcase for the extremely large Orktober piece!

October of 2014, I entered my first Armies on Parade contest with a frenzied (started and completed in a month!) story-driven diorama about what it would be like if Orks trick or treated on Halloween night. The premise started as a one off, with the idea in my head being a single house and a single child asking for candy, but the idea grew, and once I realized the AoP contest was coming, I decided to go full on two-foot-by-two-foot base for the diorama. Still can't believe I finished the piece, with family and work at the same time, but I have a gracious family who indulges my bouts of ridiculousness, and they gave me free reign to finish as needed.

Problem was, the diorama was so big, I didn't have a proper way to photograph it. Almost two years ago, I promised final pictures, and until I started doing my Youtube channel, didn't realize the real proper way to showcase it is in video form! I brought it home to enter into another contest this weekend, so while its here, I took full advantage and filmed it.

Did you miss out while I was building it? Click here to see my build log and get a feel for HOW I built the piece, but the video above should give you the proper sense of scale and placement that pictures failed to do.

So, pardon my hoarseness as I battle a cold, but thanks for looking, watching, and being part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment