Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WIP: Disney Infinity Custom Ultron and Hulkbuster!


Quick custom jobs to work on while I wait on other paints to dry!

These two recently went on sale, and as you might've read, I'm really enjoying the new Battlegrounds mode, so the ability to get two new figures for $4 a piece was a no brainer. I picked up two of each, though, so I could do some custom work on the extras.

I started with Ultron. He's normally a flat gray color, as seen above. I have been messing around a lot with Alclad Chrome of late, so I thought I'd see how it stuck to Ultron. I started with a gloss black enamel base, as is required:


And from there, waiting a few days for him to dry, I lightly misted him with the chrome paint.


I then carefully added some gun metal and red accents, and he's just about done! Studio pics soon.


I also started up on the Hulkbuster figure. I primed him in red, then added some Alclad Pale Gold:


Quick edit/update, since I didn't feature Hulkbuster enough. I sprayed him last night with clear red, then picked out the details with some gold. Not quite finished with the gold or steel metallics yets, but this is a good enough "rough draft" to get an idea of the final product:


You can check out my custom Infinity Gray Hulk too for other custom figures! I'll post finished showcase pics of these two soon! Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment