Wednesday, March 2, 2016

WIP: First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - Finishing Touches


Putting the final touches on the TIE/sf!

Where we left off, I had sprayed this with Alclad Gun Metal across the whole body and left off the SF red marking plates so they could gas out. I spent the next few days doing little coats of red here and there, taking my time with it. I had rushed the red previously and ended up stripping the paint, so this time I did it over the course of a few days instead, taking one side of the pieces and doing a light mist coat, waiting for 15 minutes or so, then another mist coat, lather, rinse, repeat ad nauseum until I had the color I wanted, then sprayed the OTHER side of the pieces, just to be sure nothing peeked through that wasn't red. Then I just slid the parts in place and assembled the rest of the piece.


All that's left at this point is some very small detail work. Going to put some wash on the red panels (I learned with the War Machine kit not to do a wash on Alclad Gun Metal) and pick out a few other odds and ends and get some final shots! Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment