Monday, March 14, 2016

WIP: Eversor Assassin - Beginning Paint


Starting the paint work for the Assassin. Click for more info and pics!

As you can see above, I took the primed Assassin and sprayed him with Model Master Gloss Black, which is an easy and quick base coat for Alclad's Chrome. Problem is it photographs horribly, b/c its so dark, yet so shiny. So a few quick coats of the gloss black on the figure and the base, and I had to wait a few days for this to gas out and dry, so I did it while working on some commission pieces and left it to air out.

While the standard color scheme for this piece has a bone head/helmet (geez, I hope that's a helmet!), and red accents, I wanted a more "stealth suit" approach. There is a song by Mortal called "Fmz4" where I always pictured the antagonist as a spidery, spindly crawly assassin type, by the lyrics and the way he speaks, and this mini brought that character from my mind to plastic in more than a few ways, so I wanted to create what I "saw" in my mind from the song's lyrics, which would be a divergence from the typical color scheme.

So, with that in mind, I set my airbrush psi to around 18, and loaded it up with Alclad chrome, and sprayed a few light coats on the head and hands of the Assassin.


Alclad is a lacquer paint, which put it as a decent foundational paint, oddly enough. So I started with that, since I could paint over it. After letting the Alclad dry for a few minutes (it dries awfully quick), I was able to base coat the remaining sections in black, and started highlighting with Citadel's Incubi Darkness, then Dark Reaper, and finally a very small bit of Thunderhawk Blue. The armor/backpack/red parts were based in Stegadon Scale Green, washed in black, then brought up with Kabalite Green and finally Sybarite Green.



At first I wasn't sure about the color combo, since there is very little contrast in colors, but that is very much in line with the darker, stealthy scheme I wanted to go with. I also added some red to the eyes and white to the teeth to give the head a bit of visual interest. With the larger areas done, next will be the small detail and the base! Thanks for looking!!!

If you haven't seen the first part, click here to see the build log for the Eversor Assassin. This is also actually my first Youtube piece, the camera quality isn't the best, but you can see the build in excruciating detail here.

No comments:

Post a Comment