Thursday, March 31, 2016

WIP: BB-8 - Update


Click for updates pictures!


Pretty much finished. The amazing engineering in this kit allowed me to literally open the box to having it built and painted in a single day. I honestly can't recommend this kit enough if you're even the least bit interested in the subject, or even just want to see a kit so well engineered.

Also working on a better base. BB-8 comes with a clear base, with and optional armature to give a floating head impression. I wanted this to be a model kit, not a toy, so I clipped out the ring for the base and tossed the rest. I then super-glued it to a spare 40k circular base I had, and then added some putty for landscaping, while wetting my finger and moving it around to create waves for adding sand eventually:


So that's about it! Wait 24 hours for the putty to dry, then add some sand. While I wait for it to dry, it'll be time to add the decals and weather BB-8 a smidge. Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment