Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Model Showcase: Panthers Stormtrooper!


Finished the Panthers-themed Stormtrooper helmet! Click for more info and pictures!

So those that know me, know I am possibly the biggest Carolina Panthers fan outside of the Carolinas. Maybe even inside the Carolinas, I could vie for the top 10. So when I got these customizable Stormtrooper helmets, one was dedicated to making it Panthers-themed....which is why it gets its own post, and the others have already been shown!


My wife helped tremendously with the striping and decals. I've had less than stellar success printing my own waterslide decals, and at this size, the resolution was a serious issue. So instead, she got her vinyl cutter and drew the stripes and decals up for me. They're two layers; a lower, large blue layer, and a "stencil" type black layer with the stuff that would be blue cut out, then laid on top. Amazing technology, but she's also fantastic at this, so while I painted, the cool stuff is definitely her.




That being said, I don't claim to own the logo or anything, and this is just for my own personal use and display at work, not for sale. The quarter in the picture is a scale reference. Hopefully you all have enjoyed, and now that the largest things in my closet are cleared out, its time for more models! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment