Friday, April 8, 2016

WIP: Drop Pod - Laying Paint


Starting to airbrush the Drop Pod after a quick airbrush reboot! Click to read more!

Time to get some paint on this. I took a quick detour while I disassembled and cleaned my airbrush to start this by painting Groot really quick, but its time to get back on track. I wanted to do this in the same color scheme I did the Stormtalon, just for consistency. I don't have any army in this scheme, I just really like how it looks together. Started by painting the supports in Tamiya NATO Black, like before. The NATO Black is just a bit lighter than regular black, with almost a touch of green to it. The best part is that it lets you get the shading pure black, so you have somewhere to go darker. Here's the NATO black painted posts next to a primed piece in Chaos black to show the difference.


As you can see, it is useful in that it makes your brain think its black, but gives you a step down to go to for shading.

From there, I sprayed the opening panels in white (primed in gray). Sprayed from an angle so as to let the panels have some pre-shade.


From there, it was an evening of applying masking tape, after taking the kids to practice to let the white paint sufficiently dry. Then two light coats of orange, and one final "wet" coat to even it all out, and this is what I netted:


Right now the colors seem stark, and I thought they were when I first painted the Stormtalon, but they look great and really that to work well together when the shading and weathering goes on. Stay tuned for that! Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment