Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WIP: Drop Pod - Weathering


Final steps on the Drop Pod! Click to read more!

So started off with the above photo. Plain white and orange. If you want to read more about how I got here, click this. From there, I just ripped off a bit of a makeup sponge and dabbed it in some Rhinox Hide from Citadel, and dabbed it randomly, but mostly along the edges of the orange and white.

I then took some Tamiya weathering powders and rubbed them around. Some Oil Stain and Soot at the bottom to recreate the look of atmospheric entry. On the white, around where I dabbed the Rhinox Hide, I put on just a bit of Rust and Orange Rust.


Next up, I got the airbrush back out, and went over the atmospheric entry strokes and silver metallic areas with Alclad's Burnt Iron....



Then just a touch of Exhaust Manifold....a very very dark copper color, which more gives the slight metallic hint of burnt metal. In a light coat, its almost indistinguishable from the Burnt Iron color I just put on. But when it catches the light in the right way, it gives this burnt metal sheen I really like:


And that's it! Calling this one finished, so I'll try to take pictures this afternoon. Thanks for tuning in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment