Sunday, April 17, 2016

WIP: Infinity Gauntlet (Vinyl Bank)


Continuing the the theme of getting the large stuff out of storage!

You might remember a few months ago, I posted this picture when this piece arrived. Its a simple vinyl bank, but huge. The monochromatic yellow begs for it to be made gold. But this monster has sat on my shelf for this long, I decided it was time to get it done.

I started by using my heat gun and blasting it over the gems. This softened the vinyl and glue enough for me to get a metal tool and pry the gems up.


From there, I pulled as much adhesive residue up as I cared to, shrugged at the rest, and primed it with the automotive primer I had out while I was working on the afore-mentioned Stormtrooper helmets.


This guy is destined for some gold Alclad coming soon! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment