Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Model Showcase: Stormtrooper-Palooza!


Click for more pics inside!
So This first one has been on the docket for quite a while, but as I got rolling on the others, this one fell by the wayside. Then I got into an awful routine of constantly messing some little bit up, then having to spray and redo the detail, in some weird vicious cycle, to the point I just finally had to remember this was a $20 vinyl bust, as opposed to some amazingly screen accurate recreation. The white is semi-reflective, not quite as dull as the pictures indicate, but my camera was having a difficult time with the reflections and stark white.





For this one, I ended up just picking some colors. I had a smaller mini helmet that I didn't know how to paint, and instead of letting it sit for another few months, I just got some nice Empire-themed colors and went with it.






The jars of paint are for scale reference.  Anyways, hopefully they look decent. I didn't intend for them to be flawless, as the detail was pretty soft, but just a fun distraction and now they're on the shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment