Monday, September 8, 2014

WIP: Orktober 31st (Update - The door)


Quick update on how things are going with the house that ork built.

So right off the bat, one of the things I knew I wanted to do was open the door of the house/chapel kit. Nobody goes out  to give candy to trick or treaters and shuts the door behind them. Usually they stand in the doorway, but the size of the ork physiology and the actual size of the doorway made that problematic for such a quick put together, so I improvised.

The good news is that the Chapel kit comes with an extra door, which made my job much easier. I took the partition of the house that "housed" the door outside along with my Dremel tool, and just hacked that sucker right out.


I then did some sanding and filing, getting the excess bits of plastic off of the frame to smooth it down. Most people won't ever see this part, but I am phenomenally obsessive-compulsive about hiding flaws in kits, I had to shave it down a bit.


 
Next up was to paint the door while I was waiting on some putty to dry. The interior boards were to be more of an older dead wood, so I based them in Dryad Bark with a black wash and Baneblade Brown drybrush, while the boards in the actual frame were going to be of a more studry substance, so they were based with a more "red" brown mix and muted with yet another black wash, then brought back up with Zandri Dust. Both sides are painted, but only one will get main view, so here's that side.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment